Crane lets you create multiple instances of App Store apps
Crane lets you set up multiple logins for iOS applications and games. Here’s how you can get this tweak for the iPhone or iPad.
HOW CRANE WORKS
App Store apps are limited to one account per app. To use another account, you have to log out from the current account and log in with a new one.
Unfortunately, you can’t use both accounts together, but it would be cool if you could log into both accounts at the same time and that’s where this new tweak comes in.
Crane is a Slices alternative that allows you to set up multiple instances for iOS apps. It is developed by German developer Lars aka opa334.
Crane offers the following features:
- Create multiple containers for a single app.
- Backup and restore each app container.
- Select the default container to be used when Crane is inactive.
- Switch accounts in apps like WhatsApp and Discord that don’t support multiple accounts by default.
- Separate keychain for each container (optional).
- Seamless SpringBoard integration.
Here’s how this tweak looks like in action.
HOW TO SET UP MULTIPLE APP INSTANCES USING CRANE
SET UP CRANE
Step 1 First and foremost, install Crane from the Packix Cydia repository.
Step 2 Open the stock Settings app, scroll down, and navigate to Crane’s preferences section. You can enable the following options here:
- Application Shortcuts Enabled (on): Enables quick access to application settings from the 3D Touch menu.
- Launch App on Container Selection (on): Launches the application on container selection. If you disable this option, you will have to launch the app manually.
- Expand Containers Shortcut (on): Adds a shortcut to manage the active container from the haptic touch menu of the application and whether to launch the application when selecting an active container via the shortcut.
- Inject in Safe Mode: By default, Crane does not work when an application is launched in safe mode (eg. by using the “Disable Tweak Injection” toggle of Choicy or the “Launch without Tweaks” application shortcut), with this option enabled, it will always inject. This does not have any effect on the safe mode from the jailbreak.
CREATE A NEW CONTAINER
Step 6 We will name this container “Backup” since it will be used for a secondary account.
Step 7 Select the newly created container. Here you can modify its name or make it the default container.
Remember, the default container will be used when your Apple device is not jailbroken or when Crane is not loaded.
Additionally, you can back up data to file, delete data, or restore data from the backup file.
LAUNCH THE APP
Step 10 Set up a new account or log in with an existing one in the new container.
DOWNLOAD CRANE CYDIA TWEAK
Crane is available for download on Packix repo for $1.99. It is compatible with iOS 13 and above.