Download checkra1n jailbreak for iOS iOS 12.3-13.2.2 Yeh!
Luca Todesco has finally released the highly-anticipated jailbreak tool, checkra1n, for iOS 13.2 firmware and below. Here’s how you can download this tool and jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with it.
WHAT’S CHECKRA1N AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
checkra1n is a semi-tethered BootROM jailbreak tool developed for iOS 13 firmware. It is based on axi0mX’s checm8 exploit and developed by Luca Todesco, Jamie Bishop, and the rest of the checkra1n Development Team.
Touted as the most jailbreak tool ever released for a modern firmware, checkra1n can jailbreak any firmware version since it exploits a vulnerability that lies in the device’s hardware.
So, as long as Apple releases updates for your device, you will be able to jailbreak it.
For instance, the latest exploitable device that can be jailbroken with this tool is iPhone X.
Apple usually supports its mobile devices for five to six years before they stop seeding updates. Consequently, the iPhone X shall remain jailbreakable up till iOS 15 or 16.
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js Unlike other tools (such as unc0ver and Chimera), Apple can’t patch the underlying exploit with a simple software update.
The only way to patch the checkm8 exploit is to recall all affected devices and replace their SoCs (system-on-chip), which is simply impracticable to do at scale.
In addition, checkra1n can potentially let you perform in-depth modifications (apart from jailbreak) such as –
- Flashing custom firmware.
- Upgrade and downgrade without SHSH Blobs.
- Dual-boot different iOS operating systems on the same device.
- Engineer better jailbreak detection DRM bypass utilities, etc.
- Stable uptime as compared to other tools.
In spite of all its benefits, checkra1n is not with its flaws and shortcomings:
- Compatibility; is a major issue for anyone who would like to use this tool on a modern device. checkra1n is not compatible with devices released after the iPhone X (A11 Bionic chip) and will never ever offer support for them. Read the compatibility section carefully before you attempt to jailbreak your device.
- Re-jailbreaking is a hurdle; checkra1n is a semi-tethered utility and, as a consequence, requires you to connect to the computer each time you wish to boot into the jailbroken state. If you reboot your device while not having access to a computer or laptop with the jailbreak software, you will not be able to jailbreak it.
- Operating system support; At the time of writing this post, the compatibility of this utility remains limited to macOS users only. If you have a Windows of Linux, you can either wait for future updates or install Hackintosh. Running a macOS VM (Virtual Machine) on your computer or laptop using Virtual Machine or other hypervisor software will NOT deliver the payload correctly.
- Cessation of updates; Apple might stop offering updates for affected devices altogether in order to protect the users. It seems far-fetched at this point in time but Apple could use this as a ploy to get users to buy newer (and expensive) devices not vulnerable to the checkm8 exploit.
WHICH DEVICES/FIRMWARE ARE COMPATIBLE?
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5/5S
- iPhone 6/6S
- iPhone 6/6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone 8/8 Plus
- iPhone X
- IOS 12
- iOS 12.3
- iOS 12.3.1
- iOS 12.4
- iOS 12.4.1
- iOS 12.4.2
- iOS 12.4.3
- IOS 13
- iOS 13.0
- iOS 13.1.1
- iOS 13.1.2
- iOS 13.1.3
- iOS 13.2
- iOS 13.2.1
- iOS 13.2.2
- iOS 13.3 Beta 1
- v0.9.3 – Fixes an issue that causes Touch ID and Face ID to fail. Fixes an issue that causes the touch screen to become unresponsive. Fixes an issue where the stock Loader app does not appear on the home screen. Fixes an issue where the Smart Keyboard for iPad devices does not work. Fixes an issue where the fast charge did not work on several models. Fixes an issue where the Taptic engine fails to vibrate. Fixes an issue where battery preferences did not open on some devices. Detects downloaded OTA updates. The loading mechanism for Substrate rewritten for better reliability and stability. Adds an option to boot the device into the no-substrate mode.
- v0.9.2 – Fixes an issue that caused Apple Watch to not receive notifications, improves the reliability of DFU mode, fixes an issue where the jailbreak app could not run on macOS v10.10. Adds an option to boot into the No-substrate mode.
- v0.9.1 – Fixes an issue where the loader would crash while installing Cydia on iPad devices, a crash when macOS language was not English, an issue where iPad Mini models would not work, SCP binary not working.
- v0.9 – First beta build.
- A computer running macOS Catalina or below
- A compatible Apple device
- iOS 12.3-13.2.2 firmware
CONNECT YOUR DEVICE
EXECUTE THE UTILITY
- Press and hold the Home+Sleep buttons if you own an iPhone 6s or older device.
- In the case of the iPhone 7 or 7 plus, press and hold the Home+Volume Down buttons.
- For iPhone X, hold both the volume up and volume down buttons along with the sleep/wake button.
INSTALL A PACKAGE MANAGER
- Transform the tool into an iOS version of Clover.
- Custom on-boot kernel extension loading.
- Support for more package managers such as Sileo, Installer, and Zebra.
- Support for Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Make more devices compatible.
- Dual-booting two different iOS operating system versions.
- Run the Linux operating system on the iPhone.