Apkmodsios.com How to get Sileo on the checkra1n jailbreak
In case you haven’t already heard, the Sileo Team’s Sileo package manager is now officially available for iOS 13 for the first time on the bootrom exploit-based checkra1n jailbreak, and it’s the first time Sileo has been made available for a jailbreak not authored by the Electra Team.
If you’re interested in getting Sileo on your checkra1n device, then you’ve come to the right place. This step-by-step tutorial will guide you through the steps to do so.
Installing Sileo on checkra1n
Before we get started, please note that installing Sileo will uninstall the default Cydia package manager. At this time, we are not aware of any official means of getting Cydia back after installing Sileo. If you should ever want to get Cydia back, you would need to restore your device completely and re-jailbreak with checkra1n. Proceed at your own risk.
1) First, open the Cydia package manager and tap on the Sources tab:
2) Next, tap on the blue Edit button at the top right of the app.
3) Then, tap on the blue Add button at the top left of the app:
4) In the pop-up prompt, type the following repository URL, then tap the Add Source button:
5) After the repository loads, tap on Cydia’s Changes tab to find a new package called Sileo Pro (checkra1n). Tap on it:
6) Tap on the blue Install button at the top right of the app:
7) Tap on the blue Confirm button at the top right of the app:
8) Once the installation completes, tap on the Return to Cydia button.
9) You will be prompted to install Essential Upgrades. Tap on the Complete Upgrade option:
10) Upon finding yourself at the install queue, tap on the blue Confirm button at the top right of the app:
11) Cydia will now warn you about the risks of removing essential packages. Tap the Force Removal (Unsafe) option:
12) When the installation completes, you can close Cydia and Sileo will appear on your Home screen:
That’s all there is to it – enjoy Sileo!
Note: Cydia may appear on your Home screen momentarily after installing Sileo, but after launching the latter, a little housekeeping will take place and Cydia will be removed completely.
The Sileo Team could eventually add Sileo to checkra1n’s official Loader app, but it’s still unconfirmed if this will happen or not. Likewise, we’re eagerly looking forward to a tool that reinstalls Cydia to enable side-by-side usage.
Do you prefer Cydia or Sileo on your checkra1n device? Share in the comments section below.