Apkmodsios.com The best way to save blobs for the Apple TV 4K
Though the Apple TV 4K has no port by which to revive or replace it, and no out there .IPSW recordsdata with which to take action, it’s nonetheless doable to avoid wasting blobs for it. These OTA (over-the-air) blobs may in concept be used to put in unsigned firmwares in some unspecified time in the future sooner or later, ought to a futurerestore equal ever be developed for restoring the Apple TV 4K over the air.
This information is for our extra technical readers, who all the time save their blobs even after they aren’t of instant use. There’s at the moment no software that may restore the Apple TV 4K utilizing these blobs, and there might by no means be. Nevertheless, if one is developed sooner or later, will probably be too late to avoid wasting the blobs then, so you might as effectively have them secure.
If you wish to save blobs for a tool aside from the Apple TV 4K, we advocate this simpler technique.
The best way to save OTA blobs for the Apple TV 4K
1) Download the newest model of tsschecker, unzip it, and place it in a folder referred to as ATV 4K Blobs.
2) Discover the ECID to your Apple TV 4K. In case your machine is jailbroken, you may get the ECID by SSHing into it and utilizing the command ecid to view it. In the event you’re not jailbroken, you may view your Apple TV’s ECID by choosing it in Apple Configurator in your Mac, as proven beneath:
You’ll must have paired your Apple TV 4K along with your Mac to view it in Apple Configurator.
3) Copy your ECID someplace secure, eradicating the two characters from the start of it:
0x0123456789ABC would turn into
0123456789ABC by eradicating the
0x from the beginning.
4) Now open up a Terminal window. On the immediate, sort cd, then a House, then drag and drop your ATV 4K Blobs folder from Step 1 onto the Terminal window. This autocompletes the command with the file path to your ATV 4K Blobs folder. Hit Enter to concern the command.
5) Subsequent, enter the next command on the Terminal immediate, changing the clean sections with your individual data:
./tsschecker -d AppleTV6,2 -e [INSERT ECID] -o -i [INSERT TVOS VERSION] -s --save-path ./ --boardconfig J105aAP --no-baseband
Change [INSERT ECID] along with your copied ECID from Step 3. Change [INSERT TVOS VERSION] with the tvOS model you wish to save blobs for. Bear in mind, you may solely save blobs for firmwares which can be at the moment signed. Don’t attempt to save blobs for unsigned variations. Test which variations are at the moment signed earlier than issuing the command.
Right here is an instance command, which might save blobs for tvOS 12.Four for an Apple TV 4K with the ECID 0x0123456789ABC. Don’t attempt to use this command unedited, you should use your individual ECID and tvOS model:
./tsschecker -d AppleTV6,2 -e 0123456789ABC -o -i 12.4 -s --save-path ./ --boardconfig J105aAP --no-baseband
6) The blobs to your chosen tvOS model ought to now download into the ATV 4K Blobs folder. Let the method end in Terminal, as there could also be a number of blobs for every firmware model (it saves blobs for any signed beta variations too).
In the event you get an error like this:
[TSSC] error parsing cached ota.json. Attempting to redownload ... [TSSC] parsing ota.json failed.
Strive working the Terminal command once more, however with
--nocache added to the tip. If it nonetheless doesn’t work, download the ota.json file manually from this hyperlink, then paste it into your Mac’s /tmp folder, changing any older model. As soon as it’s there, run the Terminal command another time, with out the
7) You’ll must re-run the command as soon as for every completely different signed tvOS model you wish to save blobs for. For instance, if I wish to save all doable blobs, and I see that tvOS 12.2, 12.3, and 12.Four beta are all at the moment signed, I’d must run the Terminal command thrice, utilizing 12.2, 12.3, and 12.4 because the -i flag within the command.
That’s all there’s to it! Preserve your saved blobs someplace secure, and bear in mind to return again periodically to run the command once more. Every time a brand new tvOS model comes out you’ll must concern the command anew, to avoid wasting blobs for the brand new firmware. With luck, at some point a software will come out for futurerestoring the Apple TV 4K over the air, after which your blobs will assist you to restore to an unsigned and jailbreakable firmware.
Save blobs to your different Apple units too! Use our less complicated information for non-ATV 4K units.
Let me know when you’re having difficulties with the information and I’ll attempt that can assist you out. While this technique gained’t be of use to all customers as a consequence of its area of interest goal and the present inutility of ATV 4K blobs, hardcore jailbreakers might want to have them saved so that they’re not caught out by any future software.