Techcrunch | Simulations, SAFEs, and China beats America in AI patents
Probably the most constant suggestions we now have gotten from Further Crunch members is that I write an excessive amount of, and the Each day emails are too lengthy for mortals (and apparently my mom) to learn.
That is nice suggestions: an enormous focus for Further Crunch is to create sign from noise. To that finish, we’re experimenting with a brand new format of the Each day beginning as we speak that is centered on protecting you recent on Further Crunch, in addition to broadening your perspective outdoors the Silicon Valley bubble.
Have questions, considerations, suggestions, something? Reply to me right here, or e-mail me at email@example.com.
From Further Crunch
- Are we residing in a simulation? Twenty years after The Matrix opened our eyes (okay, form of), the query is extra related than ever. Rizwan Virk, the pinnacle of Play Labs @ MIT, offers us a deep have a look at this query from his new ebook The Simulation Speculation. It is a heady and deep kind essay, so reserve it and savor it.
- SAFEs are getting difficult. Now there are pre- and post-money varieties, and all which means extra challengers for founders. This is a information on tips on how to parse the professionals and cons.
- We can have a second convention name this week on Friday with Lucas Matney and Eric Peckham speaking concerning the traits popping out of the Sport Builders Convention. Keep tuned for particular instances and dial-in numbers.
Tales from outdoors the 280/101 hall
- China simply beat the US in AI patent filings. High quality not amount, blah blah blah, however competitors on this class is totally eager.
- Russia is cracking down on the web. Regardless of American impressions, the Russian web has been pretty free in comparison with different mass media, however that’s now altering with this new “faux information” regulation.
- Nice media deep dive into Wired. Paywalls, native apps, e-mail e-newsletter efficiency, occasions — good insights and numbers right here.